Administration's Proposed Web Policy
In a nutshell: It's an info-mercial and it's controlled by the President
The purpose of the Mendocino College Web Site is to serve as an informational
publication and marketing tool for the college.
- A department, individual or any other entity which has a presence on
the Mendocino College Official Web site accepts the responsibility of keeping
the information up to date and current. If not, the "webmaster"
reserves the right to eliminate some or all of the page containing the
misleading, inappropriate and/or outdated information.
- Said entity agrees to abide by the general guidelines listed below
and not include any material that the Review Committee (see below) finds
inappropriate for any reason.
- The President of the College has the final authority and responsibility
to determine what materials are appropriate for the College's official
web site. At this time he has delegated that authority and responsibility
to a review committee, comprised of the Public Relations/Foundation Officer,
a representative from Computing Services, and a representative from the
- All materials on the Official College Web Site are to be free of misleading,
illegal, malicious, or libelous material.
- Said materials are to reflect a level of professionalism and quality
appropriate for a college publication.
- The Mendocino College Web Site is not to be used for commercial purposes
or for promoting any political or other cause which is deemed by the Review
Committee as inconsistent with the primary goal of informing the world
of Mendocino College's existence, services and programs.
* * *
The Eagle staff understands that there have been some critical comments
about this proposal. If you have written a letter to the President or have
any comments, pro or con, the Eagle would like to hear from you.
We will publish comments in our next issue.
Cartoon opinion: Who is the Dean of Censorship?
See also Russ Emal's "Challenge"
correspondence with faculty and administration about the fate of the Eagle
Return to Index for This Issue
Return to Eagle Home Page